Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rats

Tonight is the first night back into the bedrooom, and needless to say I'm pretty jumpy. A couple nights ago not only did I hear them I also saw them, rats partying in my bedroom. Now, I know they are supposed to be sacred in India, but well, the fact is, I'm not in India, and I'm not so pleased to be sharing my space with them. I moved in with my son who is 10. He was not overly thrilled but adjusted for the two nights. Now, let's imagine a queen mattress, holding a 10 year old, a 2 1/2 year old, one adult and the dog. That's right 1 +1+1+1= no sleep. The last time I had any kind of interaction with a rat was when I was 19 years old and working for a grocery store. I needed to bale some bread (and before Mei writes in to say how much the refugees could have used the food, let me acknowledge right now that I totally agree with her). (Grocery stores just dump expiring food into the dumpster). I threw back the cover and some very large rodents jumped out. Now, let's reflect, I'm 19 and really, really blonde. I was told that my screams brought people running from the other side of the store. All I know is that the janitor came running and told me later that the problem was taken care of. Where is my janitor now that I need him. I am ahem, a few years older, and hopefully infinitely wiser, but I still have to admit, that sharing such a confined space with the rodent population is not something I am really into doing right now. I'm hoping that they are not coming to avenge their family. I've heard that payback is a bitch, but really, do you all have that long a memory.....Here's to cats and traps. I'm hoping they do their job....in a big way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy sleeping. I hope you get some sleep. I don't have rats but man, still can't get any sleep. Um.. about the rats, well, it's not you they have a problem with - it's the cat so you have nothing to fear - the issue would be is if you actually got all of them.. I hope so. Ok.. not helping. Sorry. Um... good night?... Hopefully good morning... too. Hugs.