Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Being Polite

Ok, this so does not make sense to me. We went to a friend's house for dinner on Monday. She bought 2 tri tips (meat) for all of us (it's us and the 2 of them). She had bread, green beans and salad and of course, the tri tip. Now we ate in the kitchen so I was able to monitor this. Out of the two tri tips she cooked, if we barely ate one I'd be shocked. Yet, today, I made tri-tip. I had beans, and potatoes as well as bread. My husband and son ate almost the entire slab of meat by themselves. What happened to being polite and it spilling over into every day life. I got well, a couple pieces of meat, a couple pieces of bread and like 3 potato wedges...lol. Not like I needed any more. But let me tell you, it was a far cry from our friends' house on Monday. My son ate like 2 pieces of meat (and he's a meat a holic) and said "I'm full". I make the same meal and he's scavenging for leftovers. Go figure!! Sorry auntie... it wasn't boiled....lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simple - you cook great food while the rest of us really can't ergo - it will not taste good - ergo two bites and I'm done. Lol.