Monday, November 10, 2008

Movies

Yesterday was a milestone.... our daughter's first trip to the movies. We took both kids to see Madagascar 2. My 10 year of course, if a veteran of the movies, but, well the two year old...not so much. She is a bit...well, um, busy. We had wanted to take her to the movies, but she is never in neutral long enough to attempt it. Being a fan of Madagascar, we thought we'd try it for the sequel. She did really well; better than I thought. If there hadn't have been so many dang movie trailers we would have done much better, but well, we're working with a narrow time period people, don't mess it up. About halfway through she lost interest and I thought I was going to have to spend the rest of the movie wondering whether Alex, Marty, Gloria and Melman were ever going to escape the wilds of Africa. Fortunately, her interest picked up and we managed to make it through the entire movie....YEAH!!!! She made it!!!

On a more positive note I now have a lifelong seat at the Century theatures at the Great Mall. I know that because I PAID A FORTUNE. We bought 4 tickets (2 adult and 2 children) and it came to $35.50 for a 2:10 showing. What is this something I can will to my kids??? $10.25 for one seat for not even 2 hours - I don't think so. This is now my lifelong seat. And, well... let's not go into theater pricing for food.......

No comments: