Monday, July 25, 2011

Job Testing

I am scheduled to take a job test in San Diego on the first of August...Whoop! And then I am scheduled again on the 6th for Orange County.... oh dear! My husband asked how I was going to manage to be in SoCal twice in a week, and well, I had my logic... lol. I said my test was at 5:30... and I read further and it said to be prepared to spend the entire day at the testing site. I needed to take a written test at 5:30, and if I passed it, be prepared to do the pre-investigative interview, and if I passed that - be prepared to take the physical agility test. My husband politely (or not so politely) snickered - ok, he outright laughed nysterically) at the thought of me doing a physical agility test. I then, as offended as I was, referred him to the job description - which was not what was described in the job application. Turns out the office job I had anticipated to be testing for, it was instead, a sheriff's assistant - as in monitoring prisoners, transporting them, monitoring exits, etc. That explains the need to be able to drag a 165 pound dummy 30 feet at the agility test. My husband looked at me and the whole look was a "need I say more" kind of attitude. I hate that!! I am just trying to find a lousy job...

No comments: