Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Almost Over

I will be glad when next Tuesday is over. I am tired of waking up Wednesday morning hungry. Normally we eat dinner later in the evening, which I have heard is probably not the healthiest thing to do, but again I wander off.... It is very disconcerting to sit down on a Tuesday evening, with your dinner plate piled high, and turn on the tv to watch ----- the Biggest Loser. Here we sit, stuffing our faces, while watching people exercise until they drop and eat celery and carrots. You sit back with your glass of wine and watch them toast to each others' success-with water. Last night the chef Rocco Dispirito came in to tell them how many calories their favorite meals had in them. What was sad was, Ali, had the same weakness I had. Well, come to think of it Mark did too. Ali's favorite meal was Prime Rib and baked potato. Yes, my all time favorite. Fortunately, with the economy the way it is (not that I'm happy about the economy) my days of indulging in prime rib are few and far between. Mark's favorite was ice cream, which I also love. They had to give up their way of eating to lose the weight and be healthy. Kind of loses something when you are rooting for them--the "you go girl" with mashed potatoes in your face. Fortunately, next week is the season finale. Hungry Wednesdays will be a thing of the past. I don't know if I will be happy because I can eat again, or my guilt will be gone. You see, I should apply myself to be a contestant. Watching those people have the self-discipline to stick to a diet and better themselves makes you take a look at yourself. Who cannot be impressed with people who lost 100 pounds. And be healthier while doing it. I think I will sign up today at the biggesloser.com and see if I can be a healthier person today... Wishing you all a healthier you.

No comments: