Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bartending

I have a new admiration for bartending. I thought it was an easy job until I started taking the course. I had no idea how much work was involved. Not back breaking work, but a head full knowledge. You have to know the recipes to hundreds of drinks by memory, know what glass they go in, what garnish to use, etc. And do it all with a smile on your face while making it look effortless. With that being said Iam glad I am taking the course. It will make my next couple of months bearable. I can create drinks (and trust me I'll need lots of drinks) and I can say that it is practice for work. Sometimes time and distance can lull you into a false sense of security. All it takes is an email to remind you why you moved to Southern California. So, I am glad I chose bartending. Turns out it's great timing. I think I'll be doing lots of experimenting in the near future with new drinks...and of course tasting my concoctions. Hopefully it will make the time pass quickly. Maybe I'll have some great new recipes I can take to Celebration...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great - you're your own taster... what am I supposed to do now?... :(

Sherry said...

Well, of course I'd be biased. I'd need your detached customerly like (I'm not homeschooling tonight so who cares about grammar) opinion. And I know, you'd be totally honest with me...:)