Saturday, June 18, 2011

Graduation

I am at the grocery story, buying ingredients for a variety of salads to bring to two graduation parties this weekend. After I recover from my horror of the bill, I start to wonder. And yes, it is not good. (#1 when did lettuce get to be $2 each, I mean, get real people!!!). Moving on.... I am buying food to bring to a combined two person graduation party. Ok, let's break this down (and forgive my cynicism).... we are celebrating a person graduating from high school. They are not yet 18 and the STATE LAW requires youths to go to school until they are either 18 or graduate high school. Um, what are we celebrating here.... you didn't break they law.... whoooo hooo.... If you graduated with honors, A/P credits, early, blah, blah.... Yeah, that is a reason to celebrate.... not that you did the minimum. I don't even know your gpa. According to Ms. Tutweiller on The Sweet Life on Deck, "A D is still passing..." Why am I spending a ton of my money to celebrate you doing what you were supposed to??? Do something extra... band... drama... early graduation... a high gpa... gimme something to justify having to spend my money to congratulate you on graduating high school.... not just that you didn't break the law!

No comments: