Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hamster

Have you heard the controversy about the chicken and the egg? Which came first??? I am living that controversy... I need a job, that is a fact. I don't have a car, that also is a fact. Let's back up a second and sort this out. Yesterday, I received an email from a temporary agency that I had worked with a few years ago. Would I be interested in a job... blah, blah, blah. (Specifics are not important in this exercise). Let's work through this... Hell, yeah, I'm interested in the job.... oh yeah the howevers..... I have no transportation, and I have no one to watch my 5 year old daughter. I am a literal hamster on a wheel. I need a job so my daughter can go to school. I cannot get a job until my daughter goes to school and I can get transportation to work. My daughter cannot go to school unless I have a job... blah, blah.... I have no proof of residence. My parents will not provide it as they are expecting us to move out in 2 weeks. How do I ask them to come down to the school district and sign for their granddaughter who is not expected to be living with them beyond the next 2 weeks??? Just had that conversation... they think we are leaving in 2 weeks (at the end of June). Moving on.... without a proof of residence, I cannot register my daughter for kindergarten. i cannot work unless she is in school (free childcare, etc.). Without a job, I cannot get a place to live, which will give me a proof or residency,... you see where I am going with this....She cannot go to school while things are at a status quo.... Unless she goes to school, I cannot get a job.... I am a hamster on a wheel..... So, the temp agency emails me about a job.... the agency is in Palo Alto, which means the job is not local.... Problem!!! My husband has work for about 3 more weeks, enough for me not to be able to get to work. Being in construction, he needs the only vehicle we have to do supply runs. There is no way he can drive me to the peninsula, drop me off, and get to his job site in a reasonable time. Oh, yeah... and who will watch my daughter.... I am soooooo aggravated!!! Cannot pay for childcare until I get a job, can't get a job without child care.... I am going to go insane!!!

No comments: